2 Piece Ball Valve - Features & Specifications
2 Piece Ball Valves - Features
- Pressure Rating: 1000 PSI
- Suitable Mediums: WOG (Water, Oil and Gas products etc)
- Temperature Rating: -25 to 356 degrees Fahrenheit
- Port Size: Full Port Ball Valve (Full Bore, ID the same as the pipe)
- Handle Style: The handle stem is blow-out proof
- Locking Device: Handle has a device to lock in the open or closed position (It can be easily removed)
- Threads: Female Thread NPT (National Pipe Thread)
- Dimention Standards: According to ASME B1.20.1 BS21 DIN 299/259,ISO228-1, JIS B 0203, ISO7/1
- Casting Type: Investment Casting
- Casting: Approved AD2000-WO
- Inspection Testing: According to API598, EN12266
- Design and Manufacture: According to PED97/23/EC (CE0035) Approved
The two piece ball valve has one body joint which means the body is composed of two pieces, hence the name “two piece”. This 2 piece body allows a larger ball to be installed at the time of manufacture, which makes this a full bore or full port ball valve. Full bore means that the bore hole in the ball has the same inside diameter as that of the piping it is connected to. The advantage is that there is no pressure drop and flow rate is unaffected. They provide a simpe on/off flow, as well as the ability to control flow rate by opening and closing to different degrees, this process is called throttling. Quick and easy to install, threaded valves are easy to use and require no tools for installation.
The Different Types of 2 Piece Ball Valves we offer:
Besides offering valves in both 304 and 316, we also carry a compact version to go along side our standard version.
The Compact SS Valve:
- Has the same spec's as the standard version 1000 PSI WOG.
- Valve body is slighty smaller (less weight) and the handle is slightly shorter than the standard version.
- Lower cost
- Being more compact, it takes up less space and is ideal in application where space is limited
The Standard SS Valve:
- These are the premium 2 piece valves, more similar to Nibco valves, Appolo valves, Watts ball valves and Keckley valves.
- Longer Handles
- Heavier larger body
The most popular Ball Valve
Why are 2 piece ball valves the most popular valves?
- The short answer is price. they are the best price ball valves with a full port or full bore. (This means the size of the pipe remains constant, it is not reduced)
- The 1 Piece Ball Valve is better priced, however it is a reduced port (Also called a standard Port).
- The 3 Piece is also a full port, however the price is higher.
- All wetted parts that come into contact with the liquid are SS316.
- Seats and Seals are Teflon (PTFE), making this 2 piece valve suitable for any substance that is compatable with Stainless Steel and Teflon (PTFE).
- The valve body is designed to be durable and the handle has built in provisions to prevent it from the adverse effect of high pressure.
- CF8/CF8M refers to SS316. (CF8 is an alloy and CF8M is the modification made to that Alloy that is equivalent to AISI stainless steel 316.)
2 Piece Ball Valve - Dimensions
- Typically the size of the Pipe determins the size of the valve, so a 1" Pipe will require a 1" valve and so forth.
- Being a threaded ball valve no tooling is required for installation and it can easily be fitted onto a pipe with Male NPT Threads (National Pipe Threads).
- We stock two types of 2 piece ball valves, a standard version and a compact version. (Both have the same specs 1000 psi WOG)
- The Standard Ball Valve: is heavier and has a longer valve handle. (More simalar to a Appolo Valve or a Nibco Valve)
- The Compact Ball Valve: is lighter in weight and has a more compact body making it perfect for applications wher space is a concern.
Versatile and Adaptable - The 2 Piece Stainless Steel Ball Valve is Always a Good Option
The 2 piece SS ball valve is manufactured from high grade 316 stainless steel, allowing it to remain incredibly strong, stay inert chemically as well as being rust immune. All valves are standard with a stem that is blow-out proof. Being Full Bore Ball Valves they are able to perform well in many challenging applications, including pressure ratings up to 1000 PSI as well as high temperature environments, Making these 2 pc SS ball valves the most universal option.
Two Piece Ball Valve Made From Stainless Steel
All our products are created from top quality materials and built to last. The 2 piece SS ball valve that we offer is made from high grade stainless steel. This means that it can withstand high (and relatively low) temperatures without ill effects, as well as remain resistant to Rust, contamination and corrosion. A further advantage is that a 2 stainless steel ball valve is relatively inert, meaning it's unlikely to react badly if it comes into contact with mild chemicals, acids or other hazardous substances.
We Offer a Wide Selection of 2 Stainless Steel Ball Valve Components
Our company provides a range of two piece ball valve parts in a variety of different sizes and configurations. If you're not sure which one is going to be best for your intended application, get in touch and a member of our customer services team will be happy to help. We offer both a standard and a compact version – the latter is ideal if weight is an issue, as it's a little lighter than our standard option. The 2 SS Ball Valve is sold instead of Brass Ball Valves Since it is the same Price and is Cleaner than Brass.
Our Company Specializes in Two Piece Stainless Ball Valve
We are a niche provider of ball valves who provide businesses in a variety of sectors with the components they need to operate efficiently. No matter what type of ball valve you're looking for, we've normally got what you need in stock, available for rapid delivery in the volume you need. To find out more, place an order or for anything else, call us at (844) 664-8043.
Click Here to Purchase 2 Piece Ball Valves Now